Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple iPhone SIM Tool SLICED MY THUMB

*I DIDN'T POKE MYSELF*

The inside of the sim tool (marked below) sliced my finger as I was demonstrating how to use one. It came from a brand new iPhone SE 2020 right from the box. As I pushed the sim tool into the tray hole, my finger slid along the sim tool and the inside of the tool cut me. WHY IS THIS SHARP?! I bled pretty bad believe it or not and this is outrageous! I demand an answer directly from Apple as to why they left the inside of this sim tool so sharp! THIS IS UNSAFE. Imagine a "paper cut" from a piece of brushed metal that wasn't sanded down correctly. IT HURT and it cut deep enough to draw blood for about a good ten minutes. I would never recommend using these sim tools ever.

iPhone SE

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 8:12 PM

9 replies

Jul 20, 2020 3:49 PM in response to Jamesd49

You're assuming it is operator error. I was using it exactly how it was intended to be used. So, therefore, it is not operator error. However, I don't doubt that yours doesn't have sharp edges. I've used plenty in the past as well in the same manner I used this one and I've been fine. This one in particular had a sharp edge, though. I appreciate your reply as well.

Apple iPhone SIM Tool SLICED MY THUMB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.