Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display pixel issue

My macbook pro 2017 has an issue which started around 1 month. It's display pixels fading progressively while using. Fading starting from the bottom of the screen (horizontal line) then which appear on the top field and then progressively fading the entire screen. Initially it appeared after a 2 hour of use but currently it appear around a 5-10 min use. You can see the horizontal fading in the bottom and top area in the picture.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 10:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 11:09 PM

Hey there!

This is likely a hardware issue. Apple Diagnostic may indicate whether this is a common issue, see How to use Apple Diagnostics on your Mac – Apple Support for steps on how to run a diagnostic.

Regardless of what the diagnostic report returns, I would book your MacBook Pro into your nearest Genius Bar for inspection.

Best of luck!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2020 11:09 PM in response to akhil1991

Hey there!

This is likely a hardware issue. Apple Diagnostic may indicate whether this is a common issue, see How to use Apple Diagnostics on your Mac – Apple Support for steps on how to run a diagnostic.

Regardless of what the diagnostic report returns, I would book your MacBook Pro into your nearest Genius Bar for inspection.

Best of luck!

Jul 19, 2020 11:09 PM in response to akhil1991

Your MacBook Pro is showing symptoms of a failing Display, or a failing GPU or a failing cable that connects the GPU to the Display. Take a screenshot of the entire screen and see whether those lines appear in the picture. If they do not then the GPU and the connecting cable are fine and the Display is the culprit. If the picture shows the lines then you know that the GPU or the connecting cable is failing. Either way, it is an expensive repair out of warranty.

I recommend that you have your MacBook Pro examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center to really nail down the cause. If they are closed then please contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

Display pixel issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.