Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud photos heavily downgrade quality

Hi. I subscribed for the 50 gb plan. When I logged into Icloud on my browser and installed the app on my pc, I suddenly realized that photos and videos look horrible. I checked the size and resolutions and saw that photos are only 3 mp and 4k videos are only 720p. When I plugged in my iphone, I can see the original files which are 12 mp and 4k. One other thing that icloud also converts the photo format to jpeg, I ended having a photo, taken in my iphone se 2020, which is less than 1 mb in size. Is this how icloud works? I have read that it does not downgrade the quality but when I am experiencing is the opposite of it

Photo stream is also disabled.

iPhone 11

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 1:03 AM

1 reply

Jul 23, 2020 8:31 AM in response to KaffeeTee

Hello KaffeeTee,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your question that you have questions about iCloud photo quality. We can certainly help you with this!

To obtain the full quality of the photo or video you have, you must 'download' it off of iCloud onto your device. Your phone does this automatically when viewing the photos/videos off of iCloud.

Set up and use iCloud Photos

We hope this is able to resolve your issue. If you have any more questions or this does not resolve your issue, please reach back out on the thread!

Cheers.

Icloud photos heavily downgrade quality

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.