Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Activation Lock - Deleted Apple ID - Help!

Hi,

I'm trying to sell my son's old iPad Mini 2 as we've got him a new Air, but when I've come to reset the iPad Mini it is saying "Activation Lock" and requesting his Apple ID details. Normally this wouldn't be an issue but we set him a new Apple ID up for his new iPad and deleted the old one.

Is there any way to get this unlocked? I have the recovery code from Apple which I was given when I deleted his old Apple ID to prove this is a legitimate request and I'm not trying to unlock a stolen iPad!

Thanks

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 4:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 4:53 AM

the appleID is pretty much the social security number of apple, all purchases and game progress and the likes are tied to it, making a new one is a counter productive move really then evt. app and game purchases are lost

the activation lock is a theft protection, it's not located on the device but on apples servers

you need their help to remove it if you can't get this page guide to work Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support

maybe with the help of https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

then you need

Get Support

and or Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2020 4:53 AM in response to JamesLister

the appleID is pretty much the social security number of apple, all purchases and game progress and the likes are tied to it, making a new one is a counter productive move really then evt. app and game purchases are lost

the activation lock is a theft protection, it's not located on the device but on apples servers

you need their help to remove it if you can't get this page guide to work Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support

maybe with the help of https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

then you need

Get Support

and or Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Jul 20, 2020 4:51 AM in response to JamesLister

Is there any way to get this unlocked? I have the recovery code from Apple which I was given when I deleted his old Apple ID to prove this is a legitimate request and I'm not trying to unlock a stolen iPad!

If the Apple ID is deleted, that code is of zero value.

Suggest you contact Apple support and be ready to provide the original purchase receipt.

iPad Activation Lock - Deleted Apple ID - Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.