Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I watch Netflix on Apple tv and also on my computer. How can I set my tv to play video content in the original language?

I can watch Netflix fine on my computer, French language programs are in French with English subtitles, Spanish content is in Spanish with English subtitles. On my apple tv everything is dubbed in English. Each time I watch a program I have to change my language to that language (to French or Spanish or English) and then change the language back to English when I'm done. Isn't there a way to set it up to show every program in its original language with English subtitles? Why can I do this for Netflix when I'm on my computer and not when I'm using Apple TV?

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 6:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 8:02 AM

You can select the audio and subtitle language for the currently playing movie or show when watching.

You don't need to change the language for the entire box.

See here: Change the subtitles or audio language on the Apple TV - Apple Support

Do note, audio and subtitles depend on the movie or show. Not all items may have all languages available.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2020 8:02 AM in response to Allisunni

You can select the audio and subtitle language for the currently playing movie or show when watching.

You don't need to change the language for the entire box.

See here: Change the subtitles or audio language on the Apple TV - Apple Support

Do note, audio and subtitles depend on the movie or show. Not all items may have all languages available.

I watch Netflix on Apple tv and also on my computer. How can I set my tv to play video content in the original language?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.