Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change language on rented film from Spanish to English?

Rented an American English-language film through iTunes, and Apple description indicated English, French and Spanish. However, although my default setting is English, the movie plays in Spanish and I can’t seem to change it. I have an Apple TV 2nd generation, and do not see a separate TV/Video language setting under Language, and the down button on my control doesn’t do anything when I click it while the film is playing. How can I watch the film in English? And, why is the default Spanish?

Apple TV (2nd gen)

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 4:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 1:47 AM

What is the title, and what country iTunes Store is used?

Then we can examine the language options for that title to compare.

the down button on my control doesn’t do anything when I click it while the film is playing

Normally, for the Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), if you're playing a video on Apple TV, press and hold down the Select button (center) on the Apple TV remote. Then, navigate to the Subtitles and Audio tabs to select the language you want (if available).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2021 1:47 AM in response to CitygalSF

What is the title, and what country iTunes Store is used?

Then we can examine the language options for that title to compare.

the down button on my control doesn’t do anything when I click it while the film is playing

Normally, for the Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), if you're playing a video on Apple TV, press and hold down the Select button (center) on the Apple TV remote. Then, navigate to the Subtitles and Audio tabs to select the language you want (if available).

How can I change language on rented film from Spanish to English?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.