Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you set the language of the movie

I’m using the Apple TV app on a Samsung smart tv. The movie is playing in Spanish but I need to set the movie in English. I can’t seem to get it to play in English.

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 5:43 PM

Some movie titles will have one audio track, and that can’t be changed. Other movies will have multiple audio tracks, and then you can select which language you want.

Each movie title will have an information page in the Apple TV app, detailing the available audio languages and subtitle languages.

Control what’s playing in the Apple TV app - Apple TV app user guide - Apple Support

• Turn on subtitles and closed captioning (if available)
  • Choose an audio language (if available)
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2020 5:43 PM in response to Sumbua

Some movie titles will have one audio track, and that can’t be changed. Other movies will have multiple audio tracks, and then you can select which language you want.

Each movie title will have an information page in the Apple TV app, detailing the available audio languages and subtitle languages.

Control what’s playing in the Apple TV app - Apple TV app user guide - Apple Support

• Turn on subtitles and closed captioning (if available)
  • Choose an audio language (if available)

How do you set the language of the movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.