Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac wont turn on

Ok so a few months ago, my iMac started lagging and auto shutdown when it heat up. One day, it wont turn on and it will end up with a crossed out circle after trying to start and asking me to press any key to restart. So it will basically keep repeating this. I tried everything including trying to reinstall and checking the disk in recovery mode. One day, I managed to reset the nvram and it worked fine.

Last week, my iMac died again and it wont boot up even after resetting nvram, and smc. So i decided to try and reinstall the software but it failed and now it wont start up except to disk startup but i cant choose to re-install macOS even.

What can I do?

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 9:19 AM

Attempt to restart in Safe Mode and resetting the NVRAM again, if that fails then you need to take it to your local AASP to be diagnosed and repaired. Bring your backup EHD with you.

Similar questions

1 reply

iMac wont turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.