Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please let us delete suggested contacts

When I click on the I message a list of names pops up, one being an old boss and the other being an ex. Literally the last people’s names I want to see. I deleted the contact information and the message threads. I’m in an amazing relationship and it disgusts me to have to see an ex’s name. Please give me a solution !!!

This is unacceptable. I was never too lazy to type a name in to send a message. This feature is obsolete and I want it gone.

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 9:56 AM

What I have experienced is when you keep using the iPhone regularly the contacts with whom you interact recently and regularly will only appear here.

If you do not interact with a contact then it will disappear automatically.

However you may....

• To turn off Siri Suggestions, go to Settings  > Siri & Search, then turn off any of the following:
  1. Suggestions in Search
  2. Suggestions in Lookup
  3. Suggestions on Lock Screen

For a specific app, tap the app, then turn off Show Siri Suggestions.

Your personal information—which is encrypted and remains private—stays up to date across all your devices where you’re signed in with the same Apple ID. As Siri learns about you on one device, your experience with Siri is improved on your other devices.

• Siri is designed to protect your information, and you can choose what you share. To learn more, go to Settings  > Siri & Search > About Search Suggestions & Privacy.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2020 9:56 AM in response to Jdunn009

What I have experienced is when you keep using the iPhone regularly the contacts with whom you interact recently and regularly will only appear here.

If you do not interact with a contact then it will disappear automatically.

However you may....

• To turn off Siri Suggestions, go to Settings  > Siri & Search, then turn off any of the following:
  1. Suggestions in Search
  2. Suggestions in Lookup
  3. Suggestions on Lock Screen

For a specific app, tap the app, then turn off Show Siri Suggestions.

Your personal information—which is encrypted and remains private—stays up to date across all your devices where you’re signed in with the same Apple ID. As Siri learns about you on one device, your experience with Siri is improved on your other devices.

• Siri is designed to protect your information, and you can choose what you share. To learn more, go to Settings  > Siri & Search > About Search Suggestions & Privacy.

Please let us delete suggested contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.