Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting 2 monitors to MacBook Air early 2014

I currently have 1 external monitor hooked up to my MacBook Air and it does the job well through a Thunderbolt to HDMI adapter. My husband (Windows user) has a Dell dock hub that allows him to have 2 monitors connected to his Dell laptop via USB.

I tried to see if this hub will work on my Macbook air through connecting it to my USB. No joy. But it did detect the keyboard that was plugged into the dock. Not only does my screen not show up on the other monitors, but it won't detect the other monitors in my Mac settings.

Is it at all possible for me to connect 2 external monitors to my MacBook Air early 2014 model? Do I just need a dual HDMI adapter that will plug into my thunderbolt display? I've seen them on Amazon.

Thanks!

Dawn

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 3:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 3:28 PM

I don't think so :-(

If this is your model: https://support.apple.com/kb/sp700?locale=en_US

Under video support it says:

• Intel HD Graphics 5000
  • Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors

So "on an external display" . . . if it supported more than one, that page would say so.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2020 3:28 PM in response to dawntwist

I don't think so :-(

If this is your model: https://support.apple.com/kb/sp700?locale=en_US

Under video support it says:

• Intel HD Graphics 5000
  • Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors

So "on an external display" . . . if it supported more than one, that page would say so.

Connecting 2 monitors to MacBook Air early 2014

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.