Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not all my contacts on my MAC transfered to my phone. How do I get the rest of them on to my phone?

Not all my contacts transfered to my new iPhone. I backed it up to my MAC and then back to my phone. some are missing. What can I do to get all the contacts on my MAC onto my phone?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 4:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 5:09 PM

Contacts are associated with email accounts. If you have more than one email account you have more than one source for contacts. If you haven’t enabled all of the email accounts and their associated contacts on the new phone you won’t have all of your contacts. While it is possible to have “local” contacts on the phone that are not associated with any email account this is rare. And if you do have any only these will be saved in a backup.

So first, on the old phone go to Settings/Passwords & Accounts and tap on each account, and see if Contacts is enabled. Do the same on the new phone and verify that they match.

Then open the Contacts app and tap on Groups in the upper left corner, and verify that all groups are checked.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2020 5:09 PM in response to esimm3140

Contacts are associated with email accounts. If you have more than one email account you have more than one source for contacts. If you haven’t enabled all of the email accounts and their associated contacts on the new phone you won’t have all of your contacts. While it is possible to have “local” contacts on the phone that are not associated with any email account this is rare. And if you do have any only these will be saved in a backup.

So first, on the old phone go to Settings/Passwords & Accounts and tap on each account, and see if Contacts is enabled. Do the same on the new phone and verify that they match.

Then open the Contacts app and tap on Groups in the upper left corner, and verify that all groups are checked.

Not all my contacts on my MAC transfered to my phone. How do I get the rest of them on to my phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.