Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airpods 2 price why cheaper in best buy and amazon

I just bought my AirPods 2 in apple online, just found out that i should have compare prices first, my mistake. Anyway, the AirPods 2 is $199 but best buy selling them for $179.99, that's about 20 dollars difference. Why can't apple have a sale like that since we are buying directly from them?

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 6:45 PM

6 replies

Jul 20, 2020 9:52 PM in response to Wondermi

Apple sets a price for their products and does offer discounts for certain groups: corporate, government, military/veterans, & students, just to name a few. Third-party Authorized Apple Resellers, like Amazon & Best Buy, are free to go with the Apple recommended retail pricing or choose their own promotional pricing ... and this is definitely not unique to Apple products. It's how the market works.

Jul 21, 2020 5:42 AM in response to Wondermi

That has all ready been explained to you.

Apple sells their products for a set price and rarely give discounts.

They will sell the product to third party stores, then the third party stores can decide how much they sell for 90% of the time they will sell the same price as Apple

Tesserax said all this above.

This is a user to user community, we can;t comment on how apple does it business with other stores.

Still not sure the point of this post

airpods 2 price why cheaper in best buy and amazon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.