Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

caller id

my friend has an iPhone XR and wants the contact picture to be full screen when he gets a call. He has already tried editing the picture in the contact app and turning off iCloud for photos and contacts. Neither one has worked even though they are the only suggestions on the internet. Any other possibilities he could try?

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 10:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 10:24 PM

Hi Esantee,

It could be possible that the photo isn't of a high enough quality therefore it can't appear full screen when a call comes in. Try setting another photo as the contact photo (if you haven't already) and see if that works. I know what you are talking about and it is nice to have the full screen contact photo appear, but keep in mind, in the fall when iOS 14 is released, apple will be removing the "full screen incoming call window" and slimming it down to a notification like form at the top. (Also note that when a FaceTime video call comes in, it will not show the contact photo full screen as your video is already full screened).

I hope that helps.

-Percival876

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2020 10:24 PM in response to esantee

Hi Esantee,

It could be possible that the photo isn't of a high enough quality therefore it can't appear full screen when a call comes in. Try setting another photo as the contact photo (if you haven't already) and see if that works. I know what you are talking about and it is nice to have the full screen contact photo appear, but keep in mind, in the fall when iOS 14 is released, apple will be removing the "full screen incoming call window" and slimming it down to a notification like form at the top. (Also note that when a FaceTime video call comes in, it will not show the contact photo full screen as your video is already full screened).

I hope that helps.

-Percival876

caller id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.