Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lock Screen button not working.

I have a brand new IPhone 11- just setup yesterday (7/20/20), and my lock screen button isn’t working.

It will take a screenshot and shutdown perfectly fine, but when I go to lock my screen it does not work. Please help! :)

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 4:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 7:28 AM

Hi AndriotMiller,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like the side button on the iPhone 11 is not working to put the iPhone to lock, but it works at other times. There are a couple things you can try that may be able to help. We would recommend you read these articles and use them to help troubleshoot the issue.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

If a button or switch isn't working on your iPhone or iPad

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2020 7:28 AM in response to AndriotMiller

Hi AndriotMiller,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like the side button on the iPhone 11 is not working to put the iPhone to lock, but it works at other times. There are a couple things you can try that may be able to help. We would recommend you read these articles and use them to help troubleshoot the issue.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

If a button or switch isn't working on your iPhone or iPad

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Cheers.

Lock Screen button not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.