Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music Streaming Notifications & Volume

When listening to music or streaming on my phone and any type of notification such as an email or text comes through the volume decreases from what I have it at and stays at the decreased volume until I readjust the volume or close out what I’m listening too. It’s so annoying & frustrating. Is there any fix for this?

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 4:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 8:16 AM

Hello BCRC765.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that your volume remains decreased while listening to music or streaming, after a notification is received. We will be glad to assist.

First, let's restart your iPhone and try again.

Restart your iPhone

If you still have an issue after that, can you please let us know more about the app(s) you're using to stream music, and when this issue first started? The more information you provide the better we'll be able to assist.

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2020 8:16 AM in response to BCRC765

Hello BCRC765.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that your volume remains decreased while listening to music or streaming, after a notification is received. We will be glad to assist.

First, let's restart your iPhone and try again.

Restart your iPhone

If you still have an issue after that, can you please let us know more about the app(s) you're using to stream music, and when this issue first started? The more information you provide the better we'll be able to assist.

Cheers.

Music Streaming Notifications & Volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.