Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Loud sounds and notifications on iPhone

notifications, ringers and alerts become very loud on my phone when connected to a HomePod or Bluetooth speaker.

spoke with Support but they don’t seem to understand what the problem is.

Can be VERY disruptive.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 4:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 5:31 AM

CAST77 Said:

"Loud sounds and notifications on iPhone: notifications, ringers and alerts become very loud on my phone when connected to a HomePod or Bluetooth speaker. spoke with Support but they don’t seem to understand what the problem is. Can be VERY disruptive."

-------

Classify these Correctly as Speakers:

1. Go here: Improve the accuracy of audio measurements for third-party Bluetooth headphones - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: Use headphone audio level features on iPhone
  3. As it Reads: Classify your Bluetooth devices as headphones, speakers, or other devices.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary
7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2022 5:31 AM in response to CAST77

CAST77 Said:

"Loud sounds and notifications on iPhone: notifications, ringers and alerts become very loud on my phone when connected to a HomePod or Bluetooth speaker. spoke with Support but they don’t seem to understand what the problem is. Can be VERY disruptive."

-------

Classify these Correctly as Speakers:

1. Go here: Improve the accuracy of audio measurements for third-party Bluetooth headphones - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: Use headphone audio level features on iPhone
  3. As it Reads: Classify your Bluetooth devices as headphones, speakers, or other devices.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Mar 4, 2022 4:15 PM in response to CAST77

CAST77 Said:

"Loud sounds and notifications on iPhone: […] Even more strange, had to browse Internet for a moment and answer a text before finishing this answer and it’s working just fine now…?!?[....]"

-------

So this has been fixed?

If not...

Get this Serviced:

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

You have 14 days to return is. Also, you have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty. So, contact Apple Support, asking them if it can be covered.

Contact Apple Support:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :

Mar 16, 2022 7:32 PM in response to CAST77

CAST77 Said:

"Loud sounds and notifications on iPhone: [...]Identifying Bluetooth connections as speakers or others did help quite a bit (thank you) but didn’t fix the problem. Wandering if there’s any thoughts on that???"

-------

You are welcome.

Interference being the Culprit:

Seems there is interference of sorts.

So, Two Links to Refer to:

Mar 4, 2022 4:15 AM in response to TheLittles

I’m using it as I type an it’s really loud (can feel the speakers vibration on my hand holding the phone) but was using Messages and Twitter a minute ago and it was perfect!?!.

Even more strange, had to browse Internet for a moment and answer a text before finishing this answer and it’s working just fine now…?!?… (all this while connected to a HomePod listening to the News transmitted online to an app on my iPhone).

Mar 16, 2022 6:06 PM in response to TheLittles

Spoke with Support and they advised taking the phone to a store for help from an Apple technician. I did and they checked the phone which was in perfect condition and after asking around a technician said the problem is on the Bluetooth technology itself.! It somehow disrupts the management of sounds on the phone when connected!?!… kind of strange but my phone does work well otherwise!.

Identifying Bluetooth connections as speakers or others did help quite a bit (thank you) but didn’t fix the problem.

Wandering if there’s any thoughts on that???

Loud sounds and notifications on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.