Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2011 17” MacBook Pro logic board upgrade

I have a 17” 2011 MacBook Pro with High Sierra and was wondering if an aftermarket logic board is available that support metal ? 

Although my laptop runs like a Ferrari I’m looking to upgrade not only to enhance performance but more importantly so ALL of my devices are synced for years to come.

With Apple rolling out new OS the programs, High Sierra cannot be updated and hence do not sync with my other Apple devices. 

MacBook Pro 17″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 1:45 PM

Apple has never supplied aftermarket mainboard replacements. Nor have any aftermarket vendors.

If you want a Mac with closer-to-today's capabilities, you would need a slightly more modern Mac. Any MacBook Pro from late 2013 onward will be supported through the next version of software to be released in the fall.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2020 1:45 PM in response to Appleaday101

Apple has never supplied aftermarket mainboard replacements. Nor have any aftermarket vendors.

If you want a Mac with closer-to-today's capabilities, you would need a slightly more modern Mac. Any MacBook Pro from late 2013 onward will be supported through the next version of software to be released in the fall.

2011 17” MacBook Pro logic board upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.