Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Total Calories Not Calculating/Accurate

Hi -- when I look at my Activity app on my phone the total calories are completely off (1008 total calories compared to 968 active, as seen in the image below) and not calculating -- sometimes not at all or other times just barely above the active. I have unpaired my watch and repaired it before to see if that would help and it didn't. Any other ideas why this might be happening? I think I have all the settings as they should be. Thank you.

Apple Watch

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 1:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 3:28 PM

According to What is the difference in "active cal… - Apple Community

Total calories include - basal calories + calories burned when doing a workout. Active calories are those that are burned during some activity like swimming running or anything else where your body is moving, Basal are those that your body burns during a day without any activity.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2020 3:28 PM in response to Dhorton25

According to What is the difference in "active cal… - Apple Community

Total calories include - basal calories + calories burned when doing a workout. Active calories are those that are burned during some activity like swimming running or anything else where your body is moving, Basal are those that your body burns during a day without any activity.

Apple Watch Total Calories Not Calculating/Accurate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.