Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

am i able to bypass the activation lock on an Iphone 6 without the previous owners info? the previous owner is deciesed

am i able to bypass the activation lock on an Iphone 6 without the previous owners info? the previous owner is deciesed

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 5:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 5:58 PM

No. You would need the original purchase receipt if possible, a copy of the will showing it has been left to you, a copy of the death certificate, a letter testamentary or a similar instrument from the executor of the estate and then submit all of this to Apple to see if they will remove the lock. I honestly don't think and iPhone 6 is worth all that effort.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2020 5:58 PM in response to Dad_1

No. You would need the original purchase receipt if possible, a copy of the will showing it has been left to you, a copy of the death certificate, a letter testamentary or a similar instrument from the executor of the estate and then submit all of this to Apple to see if they will remove the lock. I honestly don't think and iPhone 6 is worth all that effort.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.