Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 unable to connect to eero mesh wifi network - solved by turning of WPA3 experimental setting in eero

I set up an eero mesh wifi network in June 2020 and it worked very well and all my Apple devices and other devices connected to it without a problem. Then, in July 2020, the iPad 2 would not connect. Tried all the online solutions for iPad wifi problems, including a DFU reset. I had also reset the eero network, but nothing worked. Finally solved when I dug a bit deeper into my eero network's advanced settings and under the "Discover" tab, and I found that I had turned on an "eero labs" experimental feature for WPA3 security. This feature is billed as "Provide added security for devices that support the WPA3 standard." Well, it also prevented the iPad 2 from connecting, as this feature apparently interferes with devices that do not support the WPA3 standard. After disabling this WPA3 feature on the eero network, the iPad 2 connected immediately.

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 10:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 8:43 AM

Thank you for your tip.

2 replies

iPad 2 unable to connect to eero mesh wifi network - solved by turning of WPA3 experimental setting in eero

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.