Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac thinks Huion tablet driver is malware.

So, after 2 years of the device working perfectly - 1 month after installing Catalina I get a pop up telling me the Huion driver app is malware and needs to be moved to the trash. I'm not certain why it would suddenly be flagged and stop working and is incredibly inconvenient as I use the graphics tablet 10 hours a day to do my job.

Is there any way to disable whatever is restricting opening it? I've tried delving into the security setting but it seems like there isn't a lot I can do, on the face of it..

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 11:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 12:36 AM

As the new Catalina version offers better security, it may falsely track applications as malware.

However, here is the solution: Have your system preferences open on the Security & Privacy tab, then, open the app that was restricted. You'll get a message in the Security & Privacy tab once it blocked it, asking if you want to open it anyway. I hope this helped and solved the issues you're experiencing.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2020 12:36 AM in response to LBHorsman

As the new Catalina version offers better security, it may falsely track applications as malware.

However, here is the solution: Have your system preferences open on the Security & Privacy tab, then, open the app that was restricted. You'll get a message in the Security & Privacy tab once it blocked it, asking if you want to open it anyway. I hope this helped and solved the issues you're experiencing.

iMac thinks Huion tablet driver is malware.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.