Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kernel Panic iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)

Hi my iMac has been restarting itself while in sleep mode mostly. Here's the report. Can someone please help?

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 3:49 AM

11 replies

Jul 22, 2020 4:52 AM in response to Jeff Donald

Thanks for such a quick reply Jeff, but I’ve already done that. I’ve also reinstalled Mojave twice, reset the SMC, NVRAM, started in Safe Mode etc. I actually took it to an Apple repair centre as well and the guy told me that apparently the extra RAM modules I’d put in it were most likely causing the crashes. Thing is I installed those about two years ago and they never caused me any hassle, which surprised the technician big time as well. However, I did take them out, cleaned them throughly and ran a proper memory check three times and it showed no errors whatsoever. It also stayed on for the whole day yesterday without restarting and I did some recording on it without any issues. It only happened overnight when it was sleeping.

Jul 22, 2020 5:05 AM in response to Jeff Donald

Wow that’s really strange as when I check for updates on the App Store it doesn’t show anything! Is there another way in which I could access that latest version you’ve mentioned??

I’ve got an external SSD plugged in, as well as an ilok, a MIDI keyboard and a thunderbolt 3 audio interface. However, I’ve had these for a while.

Thanks again for taking your time to help me out, it’s truly appreciated!

Kernel Panic iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.