Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My AirPods' volume has dropped off significantly

My AirPod volume has dropped off significantly. The last time this happened I accidentally washed them in the washing machine and the volume came back. I am assuming there is some sort of debris in them that makes them less loud. How can I clean it out without sending them through the washer again?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

OS X Server (Mavericks)

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 4:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 5:24 AM

How to clean your AirPods and EarPods

7 replies

Jul 22, 2020 8:25 AM in response to kevrockdal

What you can do is try sucking on them. When ear wax and other crap gets stuck insides the mesh it can cause the volume to drop a lot.

With my gen 2, I used to suck on the large mesh part and the small mesh bit on the side. You do have to suck on it for a while as your trying to draw the crap inside out. Don’t blow in the hole as it can make it worse.

It does work and if you google it other people have don’t it before and it works

Jul 22, 2020 8:15 AM in response to Jamesd49

I do understand. The things they offer to clean them do not work. I’m looking for an alternate solution that does work. I accidentally washed them because they were in the pocket of some shorts I was wearing. I do not want to wash them again, so I am looking for an alternative to what Apple suggests because that stuff does not clean junk out of the inner workings that make the volume fall. Obviously when I washed them it cleaned inside them, because the volume increased after they dried out. So there is an internal problem that cause the volume to drop and I assume it is from debris inside of them.

My AirPods' volume has dropped off significantly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.