Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I flash a Radeon Sapphire Pulse RX580 Vid card to display MacPro 5.1 UEFI Boot screen?

Has anyone figured out how to flash a SAPPHIRE Radeon PULSE RX 580 8GB GDDR5 video card so that a MacPro 5.1 will display the Apple logo and startup progress bar and allow you to run options such as internet recovery or choose the startup disk boot options? I have a 2010 MacPro 5.1 and installed a SAPPHIRE Radeon PULSE RX 580 8GB GDDR5 video card which Apple recommends. However, when booting my MacPro 2010 with 5.1 firmware, I see nothing until it displays the log in screen. I have both High Sierra and Mojave installed because I still have 32 bit programs and Catalina won't support 32 bit programs. I read that MacVidCards supposedly claim that they can flash this video card so that the MacPro UEFI can be displayed on boot but I also read that this company has been known to ghost customers and unfortunately some never received their video cards back!

I have been a fan of both Apple and this site. Surly someone on here has figured out how to make this work? Any answers will be truly appreciated!

Thanks,

Clayton

Mac Pro, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 12:06 PM

Greg Gant has found two ways to do this and included links in this section of his excellent blog:

http://blog.greggant.com/posts/2018/05/07/definitive-mac-pro-upgrade-guide.html#efi-flashable

Using such hobbyist hacks may damage your computer or your person, and should only be undertaken at your own risk.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2020 12:06 PM in response to claynca

Greg Gant has found two ways to do this and included links in this section of his excellent blog:

http://blog.greggant.com/posts/2018/05/07/definitive-mac-pro-upgrade-guide.html#efi-flashable

Using such hobbyist hacks may damage your computer or your person, and should only be undertaken at your own risk.

How do I flash a Radeon Sapphire Pulse RX580 Vid card to display MacPro 5.1 UEFI Boot screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.