Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t View Movie on AppleTV

movie on appletv doesnt have the option to hit play!! however you can play the trailer. and this is a FREE movie. Nor does it show other ways to watch.....

I have the iPad, 7th Generation.

iPad

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 11:27 AM

3 replies

Jul 26, 2020 7:56 AM in response to MzLegz

Hey there, MzLegz.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! Thanks for your post about being unable to start a specific movie from the Apple TV app. We'd be glad to see what we can do to help you out.

Does this movie start from the originally associated app? For example, if this specific title is originally on Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video, or another service, if you open the app for that service, does it play without issue? Also, is this specific to that single title, or do others also give you the same result? Be sure to check out some movie watching basics in Watch movies, TV shows, and live content in the Apple TV app.

Let us know what you find out.

Be well

Jul 26, 2020 3:49 PM in response to cp from OH

Hello,

The movie is on the AppleTV app. I tried looking for it Friday and it didn’t show up. I just searched for it again and now it’s says rent or buy; or open with (BET), not sure if it plus or not but I have both. None of those were options before at all; couldn’t click anything but the trailer. It appears the issue has been resolved, obviously on the apps in.

Thanks for getting back with me!!

Can’t View Movie on AppleTV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.