Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using your TV app to watch a movie

I purchased and downloaded a movie using the Apple TV app on my phone. How can I watch the movie using my Apple TV app?

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 4:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2023 7:47 AM

Xfinity box

Thank you for that clarification. Unfortunately, the Apple TV+ app on that device is limited to Apple TV+ subscription content. The difference between the Apple TV+ app and the full Apple TV app (with Apple TV+, purchased content, and more channels) is explained in more detail here: Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV or streaming device - Apple Support.

I think I can guess why Xfinity wouldn’t want to directly support the full app with additional (competing) services on their own device.

I’m afraid you’ll need a different device or different connection to see your movie on TV.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2023 7:47 AM in response to Jules6667

Xfinity box

Thank you for that clarification. Unfortunately, the Apple TV+ app on that device is limited to Apple TV+ subscription content. The difference between the Apple TV+ app and the full Apple TV app (with Apple TV+, purchased content, and more channels) is explained in more detail here: Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV or streaming device - Apple Support.

I think I can guess why Xfinity wouldn’t want to directly support the full app with additional (competing) services on their own device.

I’m afraid you’ll need a different device or different connection to see your movie on TV.

Jan 22, 2023 6:46 AM in response to Jules6667

One which device did you intend to watch this?

List of Apple TV app-supported devices - Apple

The purchased movies on your iPhone (from Apple’s iTunes Store) are automatically synced to all your online devices with the Apple TV app, when signed in with the same Apple ID account. See the Library tab of the Apple TV app.

Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV or streaming device - Apple Support

All the ways to watch in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Using your TV app to watch a movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.