Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i bought a movie on Apple TV app on my iPhone but want to watch it on my television. How do I do this

I bought a movie on Apple TV app using my iPhone but want to watch it on my television. How do I do this?

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 4:07 PM

Gustav,

Thank you very much for the prompt reply & the advice bc it worked. Sorry for any confusion, but you guessed correctly and I was trying to watch it on my Apple TV. I had to update my Mac as you suggested and now am able to watch it.

Thank you so very much!

Victoria :)

2 replies

Jan 8, 2022 1:37 PM in response to SeptemberBlue

Hello there!

To begin with, I assume that your talking about watching it on your Apple TV, because it doesn't work at all with other TVs. You also must have your both your iPhone and your Apple TV connected to the same iCloud account. You shoule also check that both your Apple TV and your iPhone are on the latest version of respective OS (tvOS and iOS).

If all this is correct and it still doesn't pop up, I don't know what's wrong because something like that shouldn't be able to happen if all the above is correct. In the very rare case of that happening, I'd honestly recommend to just deal with it and just use Airplay to stream the movie directly to your Apple TV.

If however you don't have an Apple TV, but you still want to watch the movie on your tv, you can check if your smart tv is supported with Airplay, because then your can also stream it from your phone to your tv just like with an Apple Tv.

Hope this helped. Let me know if you have any further questions.

// Gustav

i bought a movie on Apple TV app on my iPhone but want to watch it on my television. How do I do this

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.