Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV movies on TV

I was trying to rent a movie on Apple TV

I signed in with my Apple password on the TV. When I pressed watch on the movie I selected it said I had to order Apple TV+ on one of my Apple devices.

I downloaded the Apple TV+ App on my iPhone. I was then able to get the movie on my iPhone but I was not able to get it on my TV. I do not want to watch movies on my iPhone.

What can I do to rectify this situation. Thank you.

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 6:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 11:55 AM

Greyhound requires the Apple TV+ subscription, it is not available to buy or rent normally.

To log in with your Apple ID on your TV's Apple TV App depedns a bit on your specific TV, Go to Settings or the small Gear icon at the very top of the TV App on the right side, then on accounts, and make sure your Apple ID is logged in.

More details here: Get the Apple TV app on your smart TV or streaming device - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2020 11:55 AM in response to finigan160

Greyhound requires the Apple TV+ subscription, it is not available to buy or rent normally.

To log in with your Apple ID on your TV's Apple TV App depedns a bit on your specific TV, Go to Settings or the small Gear icon at the very top of the TV App on the right side, then on accounts, and make sure your Apple ID is logged in.

More details here: Get the Apple TV app on your smart TV or streaming device - Apple Support

Apple TV movies on TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.