Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I rented a movie via my Iphone and am trying to watch it on my smart tv in the Apple TV app

I rented a movie via my Iphone and am trying to watch it on my smart tv in the Apple TV app but can't seem to play it on the TV, when I select "play" it just tells me I can't purchase using a non-apple device

FireTVStick4K,

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2020 3:04 AM

If you rented a movie on the same Apple ID account as used for signing in to the Apple TV app on the Fire TV device, then it should recognize already purchased titles. Sign out and then sign in again to verify.

As soon as you play your rental (on any device), your rental is available for 48 hours. After that time, the title is not longer available for playback without re-purchasing.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2020 3:04 AM in response to tthurst

If you rented a movie on the same Apple ID account as used for signing in to the Apple TV app on the Fire TV device, then it should recognize already purchased titles. Sign out and then sign in again to verify.

As soon as you play your rental (on any device), your rental is available for 48 hours. After that time, the title is not longer available for playback without re-purchasing.

I rented a movie via my Iphone and am trying to watch it on my smart tv in the Apple TV app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.