Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air 2013: Power Issues

Hi everyone! After my friend gave me his old Mac we erased the original information from it to load my iCloud after the update. The update only updated to the 2013 update at the time. I tried updating to 10.11.6 El Capitan this past weekend, 7/19/2020, through a YouTube video and thought everything would finally work better; however, when my computer turned back on after restarting, it came to the regular background and after I clicked on the screen to get it going the rainbow timer stayed up for some time. I, eventually closed my Mac and ever since then, when I tried to turn it on, the Mac just flashes a 1 sec. white screen. But itS black and doesn’t fully turn on! I apologize for the LONG explanation, but can someone please help? Thank you!!

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 11:54 AM

Sounds like something went wrong in the install. This issue can be resolved easily thanks to Apple's built-in Recovery Mode, which will allow you to perform a fresh reinstall of macOS. Your data will not get erased in this process. Follow the steps below to reinstall macOS.

• Power down your Mac completely (holding power button for 10 seconds).
  • Power on your Mac and immediately press and hold Command (⌘)-R.
  • A splash page titled "macOS Utilities" should appear.
  • Select "Reinstall macOS".
  • If the installer offers you the choice between installing on Macintosh HD or Macintosh HD - Data, choose Macintosh HD.

After these steps, you should have a fresh install of macOS Catalina with all of your data intact, and your Mac should boot up normally. If you need to wipe your data one more time, the link below has that information in detail :)

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2020 11:54 AM in response to Alliec991

Sounds like something went wrong in the install. This issue can be resolved easily thanks to Apple's built-in Recovery Mode, which will allow you to perform a fresh reinstall of macOS. Your data will not get erased in this process. Follow the steps below to reinstall macOS.

• Power down your Mac completely (holding power button for 10 seconds).
  • Power on your Mac and immediately press and hold Command (⌘)-R.
  • A splash page titled "macOS Utilities" should appear.
  • Select "Reinstall macOS".
  • If the installer offers you the choice between installing on Macintosh HD or Macintosh HD - Data, choose Macintosh HD.

After these steps, you should have a fresh install of macOS Catalina with all of your data intact, and your Mac should boot up normally. If you need to wipe your data one more time, the link below has that information in detail :)

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904

MacBook Air 2013: Power Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.