Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone X screen repair

Is there a difference in quality between Apple fixing & repairing a cracked iphone screen versus a 3rd party source? I don't want to get stuck with a knock off "apple-like" product that isn't what I initially paid for. All help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Customer 196789

iPhone X

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 8:00 AM

a.mart12 wrote:

Is there a difference in quality between Apple fixing & repairing a cracked iphone screen versus a 3rd party source? I don't want to get stuck with a knock off "apple-like" product that isn't what I initially paid for.

Absolutely there is a difference.

To begin with, Apple does not sell iPhone parts at all. Unauthorized service providers do not have legitimate access to iPhone parts, including screens and batteries.

The only possible sources they have for parts are salvaged parts, counterfeit/knockoff parts, or stolen parts.

If you have it serviced by an unauthorized 3rd party, Apple will never touch it again.

In addition, using a 3rd party display may permanently disable Touch ID our Face ID.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2020 8:00 AM in response to a.mart12

a.mart12 wrote:

Is there a difference in quality between Apple fixing & repairing a cracked iphone screen versus a 3rd party source? I don't want to get stuck with a knock off "apple-like" product that isn't what I initially paid for.

Absolutely there is a difference.

To begin with, Apple does not sell iPhone parts at all. Unauthorized service providers do not have legitimate access to iPhone parts, including screens and batteries.

The only possible sources they have for parts are salvaged parts, counterfeit/knockoff parts, or stolen parts.

If you have it serviced by an unauthorized 3rd party, Apple will never touch it again.

In addition, using a 3rd party display may permanently disable Touch ID our Face ID.

Iphone X screen repair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.