Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB SUPER DRIVE NOT WORKING

my apple usb super drive will not connect to my MacBook. My MacBook has no USB ports, I am using a Premium 7-in-1 USB C-Hub by Anker.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 5:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 5:58 AM

I have found that 3rd party adapters do not work with the Superdrive when plugging into a USB C port. The only adapter I have found to work is the Apple adapter for about $70. I have tried a few other adapters at work but none of them supplied enough power to the superdrive. Has anyone else found an adapter that works other than the Apple adapter?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2020 5:58 AM in response to gustave291

I have found that 3rd party adapters do not work with the Superdrive when plugging into a USB C port. The only adapter I have found to work is the Apple adapter for about $70. I have tried a few other adapters at work but none of them supplied enough power to the superdrive. Has anyone else found an adapter that works other than the Apple adapter?

USB SUPER DRIVE NOT WORKING

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.