Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro can't recognize a USB Superdrive

I have a Mac Pro 11.4. I can't get it to recognize a USB Superdrive with a USB-C to USB cable. Under Apple-System Preferences-Network-Thunderbolt Bridge I get inactive. Under Apple-System Report-Hardware-Thunderbolt I get No Device Detected. How do I make it active?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 26, 2021 5:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2021 12:31 PM

Hi Coloradocattleman,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We are happy to help with the issue you are having with connecting your Mac Pro to your USB Superdrive. We recommend you disconnect your cable, restart your Mac and try again. You might want to try a different port as well as a different cable.

If the Superdrive still does not connect, we recommend you reset the SMC. Learn How to reset the SMC of your Mac here. You might want to test the Superdrive with another device as well.

Learn How to connect the Apple USB SuperDrive here. Also check out Get help with the slot-loading SuperDrive on your Mac computer here.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2021 12:31 PM in response to Coloradocattleman

Hi Coloradocattleman,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We are happy to help with the issue you are having with connecting your Mac Pro to your USB Superdrive. We recommend you disconnect your cable, restart your Mac and try again. You might want to try a different port as well as a different cable.

If the Superdrive still does not connect, we recommend you reset the SMC. Learn How to reset the SMC of your Mac here. You might want to test the Superdrive with another device as well.

Learn How to connect the Apple USB SuperDrive here. Also check out Get help with the slot-loading SuperDrive on your Mac computer here.

Cheers!

MacBook Pro can't recognize a USB Superdrive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.