Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard and touchpad are not working

My macbook keyboard and touchpad suddenly stop working . I have rebook my Mac 3-4 times but this is not helpful

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 7:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 7:58 PM

Abhi_786 Said:

"Keyboard and touchpad are not working: My macbook keyboard and touchpad suddenly stop working . I have rebook my Mac 3-4 times but this is not helpful"

-------

Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes changes are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for Power and for Keyboard) become corrupted, technically. So, reset both on your Mac.

Note: Also, if need be, use an externe keyboard. If not USB-C adapter, You may need this adapter: USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2020 7:58 PM in response to Abhi_786

Abhi_786 Said:

"Keyboard and touchpad are not working: My macbook keyboard and touchpad suddenly stop working . I have rebook my Mac 3-4 times but this is not helpful"

-------

Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes changes are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for Power and for Keyboard) become corrupted, technically. So, reset both on your Mac.

Note: Also, if need be, use an externe keyboard. If not USB-C adapter, You may need this adapter: USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple Support

Keyboard and touchpad are not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.