Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are my iPad backup files?

I am trying to get my wife's new iPad going and my intention is to transfer her stuff from a backup I did to my hard drive through iTunes. I also backed up mine as I never did it that way before. I just did the remote wireless ones to icloud. I want to be able to identify the backup files so I pick the correct one when restoring. However, when I look in the folder that they should be in, it is empty. I am using a Windows PC with windows 10 version 2004. Are the files going somewhere else?

Thanks.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 4:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 5:46 AM

See Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. There are two possible locations depending on which version of iTunes for Windows is installed. Note however that what counts is what you see under Edit > Preferences > Devices. These are the available backups that you might be able to restore to a connected device.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2020 5:46 AM in response to Knash2

See Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. There are two possible locations depending on which version of iTunes for Windows is installed. Note however that what counts is what you see under Edit > Preferences > Devices. These are the available backups that you might be able to restore to a connected device.

tt2

Jul 24, 2020 5:52 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks a lot. I never saw anywhere where you could see the list of backups in iTunes or, anywhere on Apple support as it is mostly geared to Macs which I don't have and ignored. I was looking for and assuming I could find the files on my hard drive using their "in the Search bar, enter %appdata% or %USERPROFILE%". That led nowhere. This was very helpful.

Thanks again!

Where are my iPad backup files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.