Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there a way to erase the phone from Find My if you cant connect your phone to wifi because it is broken?

I broke my phone 2 weeks ago and it will not turn on; however Find My iPhone is still able to track it. I have gone on iCloud and tried to erase the phone so that I can file a claim with insurance, but it says "Erase pending. iPhone will erase when connected to internet." The issue is that because the iPhone won't turn on, it can't connect to internet, and cannot erase. Please help.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 10:29 AM

FindMyIphoneIssues wrote:

I broke my phone 2 weeks ago and it will not turn on; however Find My iPhone is still able to track it. I have gone on iCloud and tried to erase the phone so that I can file a claim with insurance, but it says "Erase pending. iPhone will erase when connected to internet." The issue is that because the iPhone won't turn on, it can't connect to internet, and cannot erase. Please help.

Find my iphone isn't able to track it, if your devices isn't connected to wifi or cellular data.

It can't erase your device either since it not connected to wifi or cellular data.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2020 10:29 AM in response to FindMyIphoneIssues

FindMyIphoneIssues wrote:

Find my iphone isn't able to track it, if your devices isn't connected to wifi or cellular data.

It can't erase your device either since it not connected to wifi or cellular data.

is there a way to erase the phone from Find My if you cant connect your phone to wifi because it is broken?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.