Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erase Device without device (an iPhone) being online

My son's iPhone was dropped repeatedly and is unable to turn on. We went to his iCloud account to disable Find my iPhone and erase the device. The phone is unable to connect to Wi-Fi because it is utterly broken but everything I'm reading says the phone needs to be online to erase. Is there a work around for this?

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 4:21 PM

AMChristy wrote:

My son's iPhone was dropped repeatedly and is unable to turn on. We went to his iCloud account to disable Find my iPhone and erase the device. The phone is unable to connect to Wi-Fi because it is utterly broken but everything I'm reading says the phone needs to be online to erase. Is there a work around for this?

No.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2021 4:21 PM in response to AMChristy

AMChristy wrote:

No.

Nov 3, 2021 4:51 PM in response to AMChristy

If it won’t power on, all Asurion will do is send it off to be recycled for materials. But it is nice to see they formally recognize that a device so damaged it won’t power on simply cannot be erased, so just send it in.

That was good of you to post those links, as I have seen posts here from people worried their return won’t be accepted as they cannot turn it on to do anything with it.

Erase Device without device (an iPhone) being online

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.