You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to unblock a non-spam sender

Some friends and an organization are being blocked from the mail source (not going into spam) not going to the provider at all. Is that something I can change?

MacBook

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 10:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 10:57 AM

This seems to be blocked way before it reaches your mac, so there is nothing you can at your mac to change that.

If the messages are being blocked by your mail provider, contact them, or see if there is some settings you can change by logging in to their webmail interface. What provider is this?

5 replies

Jul 23, 2020 1:38 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

It is a local small provider (Seanet.com). I have been in touch with them and they say the messages do not get anywhere near them. We used to receive certain messages from a group but now they are totally blocked. I wondered if there was something that prevented them which I could change through my computer, but maybe not.

Jul 23, 2020 1:55 PM in response to BD79

IP addresses are routinely blocked by ISPs if there has been a lot of Spam activity for instance. The IP address is automatically assigned by the ISP according to which server they are uring, but they can change that IP address by simply resetting their router (unplug from wall, wait 30 seconds, plug back in). Wait until all the lights are back on and steady and then test - they should be using a different IP address.

how to unblock a non-spam sender

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.