Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

inserting a multipage table into Pages document

I see an earlier person asked the same question and received this reply: "Pages will not split a table row on a page boundary. Otherwise the default table Object Placement (Move with Text) and Text Wrap (Inline with Text) settings will allow a table to flow across the page boundary."

Unfortunately the reply did not include the procedure for doing the insertion, just the references noted above. I cannot find any references to these terms on my Pages headers. So, please help with the procedure for inserting the multi page table.

Thanks

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 12:23 PM

Your Pages headers/footers appear as though they might be tables, but they are not, and do not respond to table specific settings.

You can insert a new table from the Pages toolbar and add new rows/columns to suit your purpose. You can also copy/paste formula results from a Numbers table selection, and it too will create a new Pages table. If the table is longer than the page, and the Arrange panel's Object Placement and Text Wrap are not set as in your first paragraph, then the table may not expand to additional pages.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2020 12:23 PM in response to pgAtonna

Your Pages headers/footers appear as though they might be tables, but they are not, and do not respond to table specific settings.

You can insert a new table from the Pages toolbar and add new rows/columns to suit your purpose. You can also copy/paste formula results from a Numbers table selection, and it too will create a new Pages table. If the table is longer than the page, and the Arrange panel's Object Placement and Text Wrap are not set as in your first paragraph, then the table may not expand to additional pages.

inserting a multipage table into Pages document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.