Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages not going through groups with android phones

Hi,

I can’t send texts to a group if it has people using iPhones and android numbers in the mix. I can send messages separately to other iPhone numbers separately and android numbers separately but not in a group.

my message settings are the same as my husband who also has an iPhone and can send it to a group

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 5:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 2:17 PM

Hello, sathvika194.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

Reading your post, it's understood that you're unable to group text with both Android and iPhone users in the same conversation. We'd be glad to help. You'll need to make sure that Group Messaging is turned on and supported by your carrier. Go to Settings > Messages > Group Messaging to turn this on: Send a group text message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

"If you don’t see an option to turn on MMS Messaging or Group Messaging, contact your carrier to see if your plan supports Group MMS Messaging".

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2020 2:17 PM in response to sathvika194

Hello, sathvika194.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

Reading your post, it's understood that you're unable to group text with both Android and iPhone users in the same conversation. We'd be glad to help. You'll need to make sure that Group Messaging is turned on and supported by your carrier. Go to Settings > Messages > Group Messaging to turn this on: Send a group text message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

"If you don’t see an option to turn on MMS Messaging or Group Messaging, contact your carrier to see if your plan supports Group MMS Messaging".

Cheers!

Jul 28, 2020 7:19 AM in response to sathvika194

Hello, sathvika194.

Thanks for getting back to us here in Communities and checking those settings. Try some of the steps found in this article when you can't send messages: If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Have you tried creating a new group conversation with different contacts?

Are you able to use group iMessage (iPhone users only) with no issues?

If this is strictly dealing with group SMS, contact your carrier. SMS is a carrier feature.

Best regards.

Messages not going through groups with android phones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.