Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A newer version of a game is available. I want the older version.

I believe I have the older version on an older backup? If I restore from that older backup, will I get back my old game? Scopely had ruined two games and now I have to but it all over again to remove adds and to get to the next level. It has been a very frustrating night.

Thanks.

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 7:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 7:41 PM

You don't.

As I already explained, no actual apps are saved as part of any backup, any longer.

If you updated these two apps, already, there is no going back to a previous version of these apps, now!

Sorry

5 replies

Jul 23, 2020 7:20 PM in response to CarenSimm

If you are using a newer version of iTunes application for Mac or PC ( version 12.7 or newer ) there are no more actual app file backups any longer.

If you use iCloud for backups, iCloud never saved the actual app file, either.

To still be able to save the actual app file in a backups and sync requires a special older version of iTunes ( version 12.6.5.3 ) or an older version of iTunes application ( prior to 12.7 ) to actually save the app from your iPad back into iTunes.

If you are not using older versions of iTunes, then no apps are being saved/backed up and you will not be able to retrieve any older version apps.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

Jul 23, 2020 7:29 PM in response to MichelPM

Hi,

Thanks for replying. Let me explain what happened to me. I purchased Wheel of Fortune and Scrabble. The newer versions of these 2 games are nothing but a money grubbing (because you HAVE to repurchase both games in order to be Ad free and go to the next level) and second, it’s nothing but a platform for social media / Facebook. Immediately one is bombarded to get friends, make friends, and play with friends. The entire game is interacting with EVERYONE on social media. Technically, there is more connecting with people than there is playing a game.

I backed up my ipad Mini 4 a few weeks ago to my Mac. How would I be able to find those files? Would it be in finder? I looked up Scopely and the reviews were similar to my experience. I filed a complaint with the BBB because I refuse to but these two games again and it’s not even games anymore. The reviews on the App Store (for most critical) is describing my experience EXACTLY.

A newer version of a game is available. I want the older version.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.