Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage

My phone says it’s completely out of storage- I pay the monthly fee for extra storage but I just don’t understand how it’s all of a sudden out of space when I have deleted SO many apps- pictures, all of that.

help...

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 11:24 AM

Purchasing the iCloud storage option.. this does not expand the storage capacity of your device. You cannot expand the storage capacity of your phone. iCloud is more of a 'syncing' service.

Here is how to check what is taking up all your space on your phone

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If the majority of you space is being taken up by photos, and you are using iCloud Photos.. make sure you have the Optimize Storage option turned on.

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Otherwise if you are not using iCloud Photos, you can transfer the photos to your computer and remove them from your phone.

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You can check how much iCloud storage space you are using here:

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Note that when you delete photos/videos they go to a 'Recently Deleted' album where they may be classified as 'other'. To completely remove your photos from your device you would need to empty out this album.

You an also check the Files app and see if there is anything in the Recently Deleted area.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2020 11:24 AM in response to aschmidt2

Purchasing the iCloud storage option.. this does not expand the storage capacity of your device. You cannot expand the storage capacity of your phone. iCloud is more of a 'syncing' service.

Here is how to check what is taking up all your space on your phone

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If the majority of you space is being taken up by photos, and you are using iCloud Photos.. make sure you have the Optimize Storage option turned on.

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Otherwise if you are not using iCloud Photos, you can transfer the photos to your computer and remove them from your phone.

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You can check how much iCloud storage space you are using here:

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Note that when you delete photos/videos they go to a 'Recently Deleted' album where they may be classified as 'other'. To completely remove your photos from your device you would need to empty out this album.

You an also check the Files app and see if there is anything in the Recently Deleted area.

Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.