Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't add card on Apple Pay to Wallet

Migrated my data from my previous Iphone to a different Iphone. All data is there, phone works. My credit card shows up on Apple Pay and I can make purchases from the phone; however I cannot add the card to my Wallet: after entering the security code for the card, a windows stating "Could Not Add Card, Try again later or contact your card issuer for more information" shows up.

The credit card issuer says that the card is active, and indeed as I wrote above I am using it to, for example, make music purchases on the phone.

Any ideas?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2020 2:38 PM

1. Sometimes if you sign out of your Apple ID and back in it resolves the problem.
  2. Check your Apple ID region to make sure it is correct. If it is correct, you may need to select the same region again. (Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support)
  3. Check the region on your device to ensure it is correct (Settings>general>language & region - set to your region)
  4. A passcode is required to use the Wallet app. 
  5. You need to be in a region that supports Apple Pay - Countries and regions that support Apple Pay - Apple Support
  6. Your bank needs to support Apple Pay - Apple Pay participating banks - Apple Support
  7. If none of these suggestions are able to resolve your issue you can go here for further assistance - If you can't add cards to Wallet for Apple Pay - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2020 2:38 PM in response to derdano

1. Sometimes if you sign out of your Apple ID and back in it resolves the problem.
  2. Check your Apple ID region to make sure it is correct. If it is correct, you may need to select the same region again. (Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support)
  3. Check the region on your device to ensure it is correct (Settings>general>language & region - set to your region)
  4. A passcode is required to use the Wallet app. 
  5. You need to be in a region that supports Apple Pay - Countries and regions that support Apple Pay - Apple Support
  6. Your bank needs to support Apple Pay - Apple Pay participating banks - Apple Support
  7. If none of these suggestions are able to resolve your issue you can go here for further assistance - If you can't add cards to Wallet for Apple Pay - Apple Support

Jul 25, 2020 3:03 PM in response to askbarnabas

Thanks.

No cards in this wallet (2 cards total in other wallets).

Called the bank, no restrictions on the card. The card is currently in use in Apple Pay. Was in my wallet in my previous Iphone.

Signed in and out of Apple ID, several times.

The device works. Thanks again for replying, but please check my post.

I will need to contact Apple Support. The issue was caused by switching from one Iphone to another on my own. The new phone works just fine, all data is there, can purchase e.g. music in Itunes store using this card (remember: it is in Apple Pay already).

can't add card on Apple Pay to Wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.