Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone call Claiming Security Breach of my iCloud Account

Today I received a call on my land line phone. The caller said there was a security breach of my iCloud account. He had an Indian / South Asian accent, and the background noise was that of a call center. I asked him to prove that he was real and he told me to go to a certain URL on my computer. I did that, but did NOT install any app or software. The caller said my iCloud account was breached from a foreign location, and asked me if I gave my userID and PW to anyone in Russia or China. The URLs that were generated (from my Chrome browser history) were launch.getgo.com and fastsupport.gotoassist.com. Both had the titles "GoToAssist." This surely was a scam, but I almost fell for it. - JDW, July 24, 2020.

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 4:30 PM

It's fake and best to ignore it - Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support.

Similar questions

1 reply

Phone call Claiming Security Breach of my iCloud Account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.