You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud storage

My wife and I both purchased our own iCloud storage (200GB) separately. She is now running out of storage space while I still have plenty. I found from the forum that we could not combine our storage purchase as a "family share". How do we make the transition to have one of us purchase 2TB and shared by both? What's the process of smoothly transitioning without interrupting or losing all our photos on the Cloud? Thanks

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 1:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 1:52 PM

You cannot combine the two iCloud storage accounts but you can share a 2TB account without losing anything when you set up and make use of Family Sharing. The person that decides to be the organizer will purchase the plan and then invite the other member to share to iCloud storage.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Share an iCloud storage plan with your family - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 24, 2020 1:52 PM in response to ebccorp

You cannot combine the two iCloud storage accounts but you can share a 2TB account without losing anything when you set up and make use of Family Sharing. The person that decides to be the organizer will purchase the plan and then invite the other member to share to iCloud storage.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Share an iCloud storage plan with your family - Apple Support

icloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.