Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought icloud 200 gb as a family sharing cloud , but its not letting my wife’ phone have that spce

I got 200 gb sharing i cloud so that me and my wife could share / store our photos and videos in icloud. My issue is iCloud says we share account but is not letting my wife’s photos and videos to upload to iCloud or add storage. What do i do next so that 200 gb iCloud storage is equally shared between 2 of us?

Posted on May 29, 2022 1:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2022 2:31 PM

In addition to being in Family Sharing, you also need to share the storage (if you haven't already). See the "Share iCloud+ with everyone in your family" section of Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

The storage is not shared equally; either of you can use as much of it as is available.

Also, your photos will not be shared. See the following from the above support article:

When you share an iCloud+ subscription, everyone in the family group uses their own account. That way your photos, documents, and other information stay private, even though you're sharing access to the service. You simply share the features and space available in iCloud+ with your family members, so you only have one plan to manage.

You can still share photos via the shared photo album that is created when you started Family Sharing.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2022 2:31 PM in response to pabban

In addition to being in Family Sharing, you also need to share the storage (if you haven't already). See the "Share iCloud+ with everyone in your family" section of Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

The storage is not shared equally; either of you can use as much of it as is available.

Also, your photos will not be shared. See the following from the above support article:

When you share an iCloud+ subscription, everyone in the family group uses their own account. That way your photos, documents, and other information stay private, even though you're sharing access to the service. You simply share the features and space available in iCloud+ with your family members, so you only have one plan to manage.

You can still share photos via the shared photo album that is created when you started Family Sharing.

I bought icloud 200 gb as a family sharing cloud , but its not letting my wife’ phone have that spce

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.