Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Purchased AirPods Pro from Resaler - Unable to validate purchase date

I bought Airpod Pro from a store selling locally.

The box is still in plastic and is unopened. I looked up the serial number on the box on the Apple website, but it says that they're unable to validate the product’s purchase date.

Is this a red flag when purchasing the AirPods? Will this cause any issues moving forward? Thank you!

Posted on Jul 25, 2020 12:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2020 3:20 AM

Adiniewo Said:

"Thanks the little. I purchased just a day or so ago, and I need to prove its purchase. but do you have why the Purchase date cannot be validated, does it has anything to do with the originality of the airpod? Thanks"

-------

You are Welcome.

Where did you Purchase This?

Well, I would not know why, as this is just a User-to-User forum. Did you purchase this from Apple? If not, then from where did you purchase this? I would guess if you did purchase it from Apple, then you would have to contact Apple Support, asking them. If not from Apple, but rather elsewhere, you could always stop by the store you purchased it at, and at the Manager on Duty (M.O.D.), seeing if they can research the information.

If it is unofficial, then it is unofficial - contact Apple Support. They'd I'd assume have the information you need of verify its officialness, basing all of that on the Serial Number.

Apple Phone Support:

Asking Apple Support about the Serial Number, ias to where or not it is official, is what I think would solve all of this.

-TheLittles

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2020 3:20 AM in response to Adinieowo

Adiniewo Said:

"Thanks the little. I purchased just a day or so ago, and I need to prove its purchase. but do you have why the Purchase date cannot be validated, does it has anything to do with the originality of the airpod? Thanks"

-------

You are Welcome.

Where did you Purchase This?

Well, I would not know why, as this is just a User-to-User forum. Did you purchase this from Apple? If not, then from where did you purchase this? I would guess if you did purchase it from Apple, then you would have to contact Apple Support, asking them. If not from Apple, but rather elsewhere, you could always stop by the store you purchased it at, and at the Manager on Duty (M.O.D.), seeing if they can research the information.

If it is unofficial, then it is unofficial - contact Apple Support. They'd I'd assume have the information you need of verify its officialness, basing all of that on the Serial Number.

Apple Phone Support:

Asking Apple Support about the Serial Number, ias to where or not it is official, is what I think would solve all of this.

-TheLittles

Jul 25, 2020 12:48 AM in response to Adinieowo

Adiniewo Said:

I Purchased AirPods Pro from Resaler - Unable to validate purchase date: I bought Airpod Pro from a store selling locally. The box is still in plastic and is unopened. I looked up the serial number on the box on the Apple website, but it says that they're unable to validate the product’s purchase date.[...] Is this a red flag when purchasing the AirPods? Will this cause any issues moving forward? Thank you!”

———-

Approx. Date of Purchase:

Was this purchased a while back and you cannot recall the Original Date of Purchase? Or was this purchased just a day or so ago, and you need to prove its purchase?

Tracking Down the Transaction:

• Stop By the Store:

Whomever the company is, stop by, and ask them if they can track it down, by your method of payment. The manager would likely be whom to ask.

• Call the Reward Program Number:

If they are a retailer with a reward program, you could probably find out by calling the number for their reward program.

• Protection Plan Purchased:

And, if they offer a protection plan of sorts, and you purchased it, it probably would have been sold through AppleCare. But log onto the seller’s own protection plan site, and find out if you purchased protection with it.

• Method of Payment:

Ask the retailer if they can look it up by method of payment (i.e. Credit Card)

If Nothing Above Applies:

If not a retailer, or if you are not the original purchaser, then you might not be able to track it down.

Jul 25, 2020 8:11 AM in response to Adinieowo

No, it is not a red flag; it simply means that since you did not buy it directly from Apple, they have no record of your purchase. So, contact Apple and tell them you wish to register them. They will most likely ask for a copy of your receipt (they did when I purchased an iMac elsewhere) and they will then update your record. Make sure you have the receipt when you call them.

Jul 25, 2020 1:04 PM in response to babowa

babowa Said:

No, it is not a red flag; it simply means that since you did not buy it directly from Apple, they have no record of your purchase.[...]

———-

For Note:

Being in the Industry:

I purchased mine at a retailer. The retailer gave me a pamphlet pertaining to AppleCare. All is registered fine through Apple for the protection.

Retailers Getting Negative Feedback:

A while back, the retailer would sell you their own protection. And with all the negative feedback they received regarding questioning its officialness, that is when the retailer swapped to AppleCare.

Jul 25, 2020 2:03 PM in response to TheLittles

When did you buy this?

Italso depends on whether the reseller is an authorized reseller or not. Apple has new rules re. Applecare purchases and the registrations works differently now as well than what they used to be. Haven't bought Applecare + through a reseller, so I don't know the particulars, but if you buy it without a device at the same time, it can't get registered because the reseller does not have the Apple eco system records of your puchases. And, as far as I know, there are no more "pamphlets".

I have never bought anyone's "own" protection and I used to get Applecare at retailers for as long as it has been offered (many years) because I was able to get it for less. There was never a pamphlet or any other offer - you got the box with the Applecare registration inside off their shelf and paid for it. Yes, it came in a box. You took out the registration number and contacted Apple via phone or online to register it.

I Purchased AirPods Pro from Resaler - Unable to validate purchase date

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.