Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX: After having cut a multicam file erroneously with underlying Audio of the cameras how to have the underlying main Audio back

FCPX: how to get rid of the Camera Audio and have the 'main' Audio back after erroneously hundreds of short camera angel cuts? Without repositioning on each cut and chose the correct audio file as for the underlaying sound? This after having someone cut a multicam file erroneously with underlying the camera-audio of the cameras an do so losing the mixed and mastered 'real' musicfile. (we learned it, doing it the right way, so pls. no lesson on that part). But the already cuttet Videos, done by the musicians after their taste (and they are no longer here in the studio), we would prefer, not to cut for hours and hours all over again.

We fixed the issue (hopefully temporarely) in adding the audiofile in addition to the Multicam file, synced manual and silenced all the angles.. (not ideal).

txs for any advice how to repair .

arthur

Posted on Jul 25, 2020 1:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2020 10:59 AM

Ok, I see, sorry. I did not have the chance to try it, and I assumed it would work, but as you say it only works with one clip selected.

Here is what it DOES work: again, select the clips, and open the Inspector in the Info tab. You can see in this example that is says "Mixed values", because the 5 clips have different angles selected.

Clicking this button you can now select a particular angle for all of them.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2020 10:59 AM in response to ArthurHäberli

Ok, I see, sorry. I did not have the chance to try it, and I assumed it would work, but as you say it only works with one clip selected.

Here is what it DOES work: again, select the clips, and open the Inspector in the Info tab. You can see in this example that is says "Mixed values", because the 5 clips have different angles selected.

Clicking this button you can now select a particular angle for all of them.

FCPX: After having cut a multicam file erroneously with underlying Audio of the cameras how to have the underlying main Audio back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.