Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac is dead , I may lose my job on Monday if I can’t figure out how to get all the stuff off my old dead Mac onto my new Mac. Please help!!

My Mac is dead , I may lose my job on Monday if I can’t figure out how to get all the stuff off my old dead Mac onto my new Mac. Please help!!

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 25, 2020 5:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2020 5:44 AM

Do you have a Time Machine backup or other backup of the data?

What model is your 'old Mac' and what do you mean when you say it's 'dead'...? Won't boot? Physically destroyed somehow, something else?

Depending on the model, you may be able to remove the hard drive from the old machine and connect it to the new one with a USB adapter to recover the data.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2020 5:44 AM in response to Julesart81

Do you have a Time Machine backup or other backup of the data?

What model is your 'old Mac' and what do you mean when you say it's 'dead'...? Won't boot? Physically destroyed somehow, something else?

Depending on the model, you may be able to remove the hard drive from the old machine and connect it to the new one with a USB adapter to recover the data.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.