Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to upload my photos on my iPad to the cloud. When I enable icloud photos a message pops up saying "photos and videos synced from finder will be removed" and offers a choice of 'remove photos/videos or cancel. What does this mean.

I want to upload my photos on my iPad to the cloud. When I enable icloud photos a message pops up saying "photos and videos synced from finder will be removed" and offers a choice of 'remove photos/videos or cancel. What does this mean.

Posted on Jul 25, 2020 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2020 3:20 PM

Those would be photos that you previously synced from a computer. The photos should still be on the computer and you can get them back to the phone after you turn on iCloud Photos by using an internet browser on the computer and manually uploading them to the Photos app at iCloud.com.

Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2020 3:20 PM in response to Wood_collector

Those would be photos that you previously synced from a computer. The photos should still be on the computer and you can get them back to the phone after you turn on iCloud Photos by using an internet browser on the computer and manually uploading them to the Photos app at iCloud.com.

Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.